Friday, August 31, 2007

An honour tribute for all teachers

Have you ever wondered
What it would be like?
To have to turn the page
And not see the light.

The light of truth
The light of faith
The light of knowledge
Shining through the haze.

I often wondered
Who would make me be
What I had dreamed
And all that I could ever be

It's the bearer of light
The torch that wouldn't quit
It lays in the hands
Of an honourable spirit

For you must know
And you must see
A teacher lives on
For posterity

Her gentle touch
Her commanding soul
Her grace and faith
A legacy to behold

So live you long
And live you strong
My guiding light
My teachers, my knight.

============================

Pelita hati ilmu di dada
Buat penerang sepanjang hayat
Tanpa guru penunjuk cara
Tentu manusia tiada beradat

Adat dijunjung bak permata
Kerana mulia isi dan budi
Telunjuk guru penuh bermakna
Hormat taat tanda mengerti

Hati mengerti budi terlentur
Masyarakat aman maju dan makmur
Jasa guru pendokong amanah
Masakan ia tidak berbayar?

Diminta tidak, percuma pun bukan
Jerih dan payah buat bekalan
Seperti Nabi sanggup berkorban
Si guru mencari redhanya Tuhan

Wahai guru pelita hatiku
Cukuplah Allah penerima amalmu
Kau disanjung, kau dijunjung
Teruskan usahamu sehingga ke penghujung

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home