Friday, September 15, 2006

ODE TO MY BIBIK AND ALL OTHER GOOD BIBIKS IN THIS WORLD!

Now, here's part 2 to a former entry. On a sombre note.

Dear Bibik,

I do not have any misgivings to say this; you are many times more reliable than the family that I have. You see, for a mere $250 a month, you will answer, even if I holler. You will bend over backwards to make sure that my needs, that of your employer, are fulfilled. You will do most things without being told. Even the toddlers I bore from my own womb many a times have not the right mind to do so. They will operate on a 'wait and see' basis. 'We will react only when Mommy is clearly losing her mind!'

You will cradle my toddler when he's ill and I'm at work. You will towel-dry my girl even if she's actually past needing to be towel-dried! You will send my newly-pressed clothes to my room and learn the ways to pair them up. You will even massage my temples when the headaches come.

You see, I have come to appreciate how this body can count upon you to release some of the burdens of mundane household activities. And do this, sans the guilt trips that family members, such as moms, in-laws and husbands inadvertantly give. All these while maintaining the FULL rights to dictate how everything else should be done because I remain your boss. Or forsake that right and leave it completely to you if I believe my brain cells are needed somewhere else.

So, Bibik, truly, from the very bottom of my heart, I thank you for preserving some of my sanity and beaming a glimmer of hope into my already stressed-out life. I will never be able to repay you in kind completely, so be rest assured that when the day comes for me to send you back to your home, my sincere prayers for your prosperity will be with you.

Thank you and God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shaikha said...

Hi Mamagori... I chance upon yr blog when I was searching for 'something'... interesting indeed....

Well said entry... very sincere indeed... what will we do without our 'helper'.. you heard lots of complains abt. them but my questions to these 'complainer' is "Can u do ALL the things u expect them to do ?"..

I myself am blessed to hv a wonderful SUPER maid, BUT.. after 7 yerars, she might be leaving us in March 2007 to be united wif her family... BOoo HOooo !!...
I am like super panicky now.. !!

HEEeeeellllllllppppppppppppp !!!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home