Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Where does my heart beat now?

Where does my heart beat now?

To those who know me, they will find the answer a little awkward.

I'm thinking of my husband, who is away in Indonesia right now. No NOT because he answered, "I want to eat you," to the question, "What would you like to eat when you come home?". I actually had a hearty good laugh to that...MUAHAHAHA...I'll probably see some galaxies at the end of this month but no, I'm not all gooey with love at the idea of sex.

You see, my girl's been missing her Daddy big-time. She had acted out. She had clung on. She's wept like there was no tomorrow, on my chest, wailing, "I want my Daddy. Call him to come home. I want Daddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee!" Gosh! She even went on a retail therapy asking for 2 pairs of shoes in one night; a wedge-heel open-toed one and an imitation pair of CROCs!

I know this girl is big on EQ. She can't quite always tell me what comes after 26 eventhough she knows 7 comes after 6. But she'll know if you've been tired and all you want is a hug. She knows when I'm really shagged or when I'm just being plain ol' lazy. I know her. Coz I think her heart is suspiciously, a lot like mine.

She's demanding when it comes to my time and attention. She bullies her little brother ever so subtly. She's honest on all matters except where her misdeeds are glaring. But most of all, she loves her Daddy to bits. My husband, is the luckiest Man on this earth because his little angel loves him unconditionally. She rests her face in the pure bliss of his underarms because she says it smells a yukky kind of nice.

Because my little angel misses her Daddy so, my heart beats in tune with yours tonight. Since I can't quite bring you home right now, I make a prayer to the Lord above, to bring you safely home soon.

Good night hubby, have a fruitful business trip, return full or empty-handed to the ones whose hearts beat next to yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home